December 12, 2008

The Schedule

It's time again to write up "The Schedule."

As is workout schedule. This isn't the schedule I'll use when I decide which events I want to target, this is the schedule I'll use to get ready for tougher training. This will encompass really general workouts, most adaptation.

The hard part isn't the schedule. It's following. Age old dilemma for most of us, right?

I'm a little late this year. I am usually following some sort of program by now. Every year it gets a couple of weeks later it seems.

I'll start running short distances, up to about 5 miles, 3 times a week. I'll lift weights 3 times a week, swim 3 times a week, and spin on the bike trainer 2-3 times a week. Maybe, weather permitting, I'll sneak outdoors for a sojourn on the bike in the cold.

It's a lot to do. But I feel so much better when I can accomplish it. And, this spring when I head south for my annual cycling pilgrimage, maybe I'll be in good enough shape to actually enjoy myself for once.

No comments: