September 22, 2008

Sick Again

What I thought was an allergy has become a cold. Again. And if you remember my earlier post about getting sick, you'll know that I am in for a long haul.

That's the trouble with being healthy. Most people wake up one day and are sick. BING! Magically diseased. Not me. I get something and it takes about a week to beat me down before it actually takes hold. Then it runs rickshaw over my vacationing immune system for about a two week course and then I need about a week to recover.

I have three weeks until the 24 Hours of Moab. I wanted to ramp up this week and have one more solid week of training before my taper. But it isn't going to happen. I hope I don't lose too much fitness from the disease. Or hopefully it won't morph into a sinus infection as head colds often do with me, thanks to my septum that resembles a bowl of spaghetti.

No comments: