July 30, 2008

I HAD to Ask...

The title of my last post was "What Next?"

Epididymitis. That's what's next.

It is an inflammation of the epididymis. As in testicle parts. And my right one is even larger than normal. And it hurts. For guys, it's a lot like blue balls that won't go away. So I feel like I'm back in high school, except now all the time instead of only after a date.

I noticed the first signs on Saturday. I woke up with a sore lower back, but figured I had slept wrong. Sunday was the same, with some tenderness in the nether-regions. Nothing major. Went for a good mountain bike ride even. But by Sunday night I was in heck (not quite hell), walking all bow-legged, wanting to puke and running a fever.

It felt like my Ali was using my nut as a speed bag, on a really hot day.

I noticed the swelling Monday and even with my minimal math skill put the symptoms together and went to the doctor to find out what the hell. Not that I go to the doctor often, but when mysterious stuff is happening with your junk, you bloody-well go to the damn doctor.

The doc was very tender with the boys, and didn't mind when he hit the tender parts and my toes curled enough to buckle the tile floor. I am still thankful he saved the prostrate check for another day. Maybe after dinner and a couple of glasses of that fruity wine the ladies like so much. I was happy to hear there was nothing serious like cancer or torsion to be concerned with.

SO! I am on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories for the next few weeks. The swelling is going down but there will be no training until the weekend. Maybe I needed a break anyway.

How did it happen? I have not a clue. Certainly not by any of the sexually deviant methods outlined on webmd, but reading it made me feel like a bit of a perv. A simple urinary tract infection . . .

Just lucky I guess.

No comments: