August 11, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering

No, I still have not registered for XTERRA.

Talk about dragging things out. I got the weather report for Saturday, the day of the race. It calls for a high of 95 and sunny. Last year there was a deluge the night before and it was cloudy the morning of the race. The water was cold and dark. So that appears to have abated for this year. But last year was going to be a non-wetsuit swim because the water temps were pushing 80. I'd hate to not be able to wear the suit.

Fortunately I can wait until Friday to register. I'll know if it is wetsuit legal then also. Or maybe I'll register today. I am such a chicken shit.

I'm waiting to hear from the last two riders about the 24 Hours of Moab. I'll pretty much go along if they are in. So far I have one confirmed, two sheep, and these two yahoos. I'll send a text and should know by my next post. I have to admit, I like this race. The night laps can be miserable, I mean they are at night and the desert gets cold, but it is a good time.

I've been thinking about cyclocross lately, too. It's time to bring the cross bike to work and start substituting lunch runs for rides. Usually I'll warm up for 10 minutes and then drill it or do intervals for 30, and cool down for 5. A couple of times a week does wonders for the fitness.

I should start painting the family room this week. Can't wait. Might take my mind off racing though.

No comments: